1. Realization of Agreement
1. The client supplies all necessary information of him/herself and the group of travelers he/she represents before the travel agreement is being made, that might be of importance. As well as the client provides any special details on the character and composition of the group he/she represents that might be of importance for a successful performance of the travel.
2. The client who represents his / her partner, another traveler, family or group and accepts the travel agreement is head-responsible for all financial obligations and implications for his / her partner, the other traveler, family or group of travelers. All financial transactions between this client and Soultime Travel are restricted to this client who accepts the travel agreement.
3. With the confirmation of a travel program & related estimate a client accepts the Conditions of the Travel Agreement with Soultime Travel mentioned in this document and on the website of Soultime Travel.
4. Soultime Travel has the right to correct or adapt her financial offer / estimate, as long as the client has not confirmed their booking & transfer of (advance) payment (see for more details also 2.3).
2. Payment & Adjustments Travel
1. As part of the confirmation of the travel agreement, the client or traveler pays 50% of the total travelsum in advance. This has to be transferred directly after accepting the travel agreement. The transfer of the advance or complete travelsum has to be visible on the account of Soultime Travel within 1 week. The other 50% has to be paid and visible on our account not later then 8 weeks before the date of departure of the client. If the travel agreement is confirmed within 8 weeks before departure the whole travelsum has to be paid in one time & has to be visible on the account of Soultime Travel within 1 week. In case one or more domestic flights or other special excursions form part of the travel agreement and have to be purchased several months before departure date the amount of the first payment may be adapted according to the costs indicated by local operators. For Cuba holidays & horseback rides in Argentina we have different conditions for payment, see the specific quotations.
2. If the client fails to pay on time, according to the travel agreement and/or previous correspondence of Soultime Travel, it might lead to the cancellation of all reservations, and the client or traveler is obliged to pay the costs of Soultime Travel for travel design, administration & cancellation costs.
3. As long as the whole travelsum has not been fully paid to Soultime Travel, Soultime Travel has the right to adapt the costprice of the travel before departure due to changes in transport & fuel costs, taxes, changes in relevant currencies and/or unforeseen cost adaptations of local agents or coordinators. A client may refuse this additional cost within 3 working days after notice. If this is the case Soultime Travel has the right to cancel the travel agreement within 7 working days after notice. In this case the client will receive restitution of the earlier made, to the travel relevant payments within 6 weeks with shared transfer costs.
4. The client is allowed to make changes in the travel itinerary after the travel agreement is accepted, until 4 weeks before departure, if this is possible under the given circumstances. When there are extra costs involved the client pays the eventual extra costs of the travel itinerary, the eventual extra communication costs, plus for every change made within a booking 45 Euros as administration costs.
5. Changes of the date of arrival and a reduction of the amount of participants in a group, after the client has accepted the travel agreement and the reservations are made by Soultime Travel, fall under the articles of cancellation (see 4).
3. Required Travel documents, insurances & financial means
1. The client and all members of the traveling group, need to have valid documents, like a passport, a visa (depending on destination), a flight ticket, financial means for payments at destination (note for Cuba: credit cards of American bank accounts are not valid), eventual proof of vaccinations, and international driving license (in case of selfdrive arrangements) before departure. A client needs to check always the information given by Soultime Travel on correctness with the organizations authorized for specific matters. In case a client or travelers do not have the required documents & financial means and cannot make a travel or part of a travel due to this reason, all involved costs will be for the client or travel party.
2. The client and all the members of the traveling group are obligated to have for the travel all necessary travel insurance with a wordwide coverage, a medical insurance (including a reasonable coverage for repatriation & funeral costs) and a valid cancellation insurance (note that a cancellation insurance booked after the booking of your flight and trip is not considered as valid by the insurance companies).
Soultime Travel is not liable in whatever form and situation in case of absence or insufficient insurance of of a client or travel party during the travel.
4. Cancellation by Client
1. In case the travel is cancelled by a client, the client pays the following cancellation percentages:
a. by cancellation of the travel till 60 days or more before departure:
30% of the total amount will be paid.
by cancellation of the travel on the 60th day till the 42nd day before departure:
40% of the total amount will be paid.
b. by cancellation of the travel on the 42nd day till the 28th day before departure:
50% of the total amount will be paid.
c. by cancellation of the travel on the 28th day till the 14th day before departure:
60% of the total amount will be paid.
d. by cancellation of the travel on the 14th till the 7th day before departure:
80% of the total amount will be paid.
e. by cancellation of the travel on the 7th day till the day of departure:
100% of the total amount will be paid.
2. In case the total costs of a cancellation exceed the costs represented by the percentages of the total travelsum given above, the actual involved costs are paid by the client under all circumstances. The total of these costs are the costs of reservations made by all local operators, air companies and third parties that are not restituted to Soultime Travel, plus the costs represented by the hours of work that the staff of Soultime Travel has invested in the specific travel for travel design, booking and administration.
.The cancellation of one or more participants of a travel party is regarded as a cancellation of all travel agreements, as such that all participants who cancel, have to pay the mentioned percentages of cancellation, or fulfill their payment according to 4.2. For the rest of the participants a new travel agreement will be determined. This may imply a higher price for the rest of participants.
5. Cancellation or adaptation itinerary by Soultime Travel
1. Soultime Travel has the right to adapt a travel itinerary (or cancel a travel agreement) in case of urgent political, social or natural circumstances, before or during the travel (see 7.2 a-b). Adaptations may imply a change in accommodation and transport. In case of a necessary adaptation, Soultime Travel will come with an alternative proposal, if possible, and that is comparable to the offer of the original travel agreement.
2. The client has the possibility to not accept the new offer within 3 working days. From 10 days before departure, the client is given a term of 24 hours to reply. The client has in case he/she refuses the alternative offer, the right on restitution of the paid travelsum, minus the transfer costs (or a part of the travelsum in case the travel already started) within 8 weeks. In case a travel already has started Soultime Travel & their local agent will take care of alternative arrangements so that the continuation of the travel within the given possibilities can be accomplished.
6. Responsibility of Client
1. A client or group of travelers who book an individual arrangement with Soultime Travel accept his/her own responsibility for a successful performance of his/her own travel itinerary, given all reservations, accommodations & transfers are correct according to the travel agreement, and communicated correctly by Soultime Travel and/or the contracted local agent.
2. A client has to follow all reasonable indications of Soultime Travel, their local agent, the local coordinator and/or local guide, which are necessary for a successful performance of their travel itinerary, trekking and/or excursion, according to be judged on what might be expected to be reasonable indications under the given circumstances for a successful performance.
3. Clients are responsible for damage, which is caused by inappropriate behavior to be judged on what might be expected to be the behavior of a correct traveler.
4. If a service is not according to what might be expected on basis of the travel agreement, the client has to contact and inform as soon as possible the local agent or coordinator, so that the local agent or coordinator can arrange alternatives, an improvement or financial compensation. If the failure of a service is not well communicated to the responsible person of the local agency or local coordinator on the actual moment of discomfort, the local agency or coordinator is not given the possibility to offer their services and assistance to change or improve a certain situation. The client accepts that with neglecting this guideline to communicate with the local agent or coordinator a later financial compensation might be excluded.
5. If a complaint is not taken seriously by the contracted local agent / coordinator or not regarded as falling under their responsibility, Soultime Travel should be contacted as soon as possible during the travel of the client by Email. In case no Internet is available a staff member of Soultime Travel should be informed personally by phone. If this is not done the client accepts that Soultime Travel has not been given the chance to correct a certain issue and that with neglecting this guideline to communicate, a later financial compensation might be excluded. An eventual financial compensation is always based on the refunds Soultime Travel receives from her local operator(s) and is exclusively restricted to compensation for not, or partly not received excursions, accommodation and/or transfers.
7. Acceptance of Risk
The client acknowledges that traveling & outdoor activities in Latin America are adventurous, and may involve some or a significant amount of personal risk. The client hereby assumes all such risks and does hereby release Soultime Travel from all claims and causes arising from any damages or injuries or death resulting from these inherent personal risks.
1. If the travel is not functioning as a client may have expected on basis of the travel agreement, Soultime Travel accepts their financial responsibility, unless the deficiency in performance is neither due to Soultime Travel nor that of the contracted local agent or coordinator, because:
a. the deficiency in performance is due to the client, or the group of travelers the client is part of; or
b. the deficiency in performance could not be foreseen, or could not be solved as it is the result of a third party that is not contracted by Soultime Travel; or
c. the deficiency in performance is due to circumstances that despite all carefulness of Soultime Travel & contracted local agent, could not be foreseen.
2. Soultime Travel is not liable in any case for damage, delay, any injury or death before, during & after the travel due to:
a. critical political, social or natural circumstances, such as war, danger of war, boycott actions, terrorism, strikes, disorders in communication or travel means, delays in transport means, serious accidents, nature disasters like floods, volcanic eruptions, land slides, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes and so forth.
b. disorders in the country of destination due to serious accidents or disasters.
c. failures of any kind of airline companies or other types of transport companies involved in the itinery of the client.
3. The client assumes all personal risks during his/her travel and does release Soultime Travel from all claims and causes arising from any damages or injuries or death resulting from these inherent personal risks (see 7).
4. Soultime Travel is not liable in any case for damage, delay, any injury or death before, during & after the travel due to:
a. mistakes or misjudgments of a third party, as well as the non-fulfillment of commitments of a third party,
b. mistakes or misjudgments of local agencies and/or local guides, despite the great care with which local agencies & guides may be selected.
9. Assistance Client
1. Soultime Travel and the local agent are according to the situation obliged to give assistance to the client in case a travel is not functioning as he/she might have reasonably expected on basis of the travel agreement.
2. If a travel is not functioning as a client might have expected, and this is related to circumstances, which are neither the responsibility of the client nor of Soultime Travel, both accept their part of damage. For Soultime Travel and/or the local agent this will consist out of extra hours of manpower and of personal assistance as far is possible and within the given possibilities; for the client this may consist out of extra costs for accommodation & transfers.
3. If a client is not satisfied with the given services on destination, they have the duty to inform the local agent as soon as possible (and Soultime Travel in case the agent does not accept the responsibility, or does not treat the complaint seriously) (see 6).
4. If a complaint cannot be satisfactorily solved during the travel or during a meeting with the local agent at the day of departure, the client should inform in written form Soultime Travel within two weeks after the end of the travel.